Mammoth MX 2008 - Race Day 2

This year happened to be a year that a bunch of my friends also raced.  For sure the biggest turnout of my buddies at Mammoth ever.  I gotta say though, we missed B-Rad, Keating, and Big Al.

I think I got a picture of just about everyone, see below in alphabetical order (first name).

Boris Mahlich.
Don Pastell
Doug Perry
Ed Paulsen
Fudge (Robert Fudge)
Happa (Jason McCune)
Hodges
Jason Ingersoll
James Jongkind
Kevin Aschenbach
Mag 5
Matt Mantz
Mick Sakakeeney
Rich Schauwecker
Rod Hendrickson
Slicer (Rick Simily)
Jeff Tigert
Todd
Travis Marks
Wayne Lambert
John Dowd and Jeremy McGrath were this close all weekend.  Dowdy got the best of MC this year.  Amazing considering he also won the 40+ Expert class.
I love the picture below.  It really captures the essence of Mammoth MX.  Perfectly watered track, big evergreens, snow capped peaks, blue skies.
By the way, I got second in my qualifier, but in the main event I tangled with another rider on the first lap and went down.  I remounted, counted my blessings, and finished off the weekend safely... I do have a wedding to go to!

No comments: